Saturday 29 August 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 5 by Angel Okwuosa


The Holy Spirit and I have gone through a lot. I doubted His presence in my life for various reasons. But over the years He has relentlessly shown me how much He cares for me, and most of the answers you seek in life can be found within.

 There was a particular guy that I had a hopeless crush on. He was my muse, my preoccupation... I dreamt about him man... It was so sad! I had such lofty hopes that he felt the same way about me, but looking back I figure that it just wasn't meant to be.
Anyway, my friend had been telling me to confess my feelings to him; let him know how I feel and see what happened. Although it wasn't usually my style, I considered it because I was frustrated. Others had dropped hints but he 'didn't believe it'.
Gosh I should've known from that alone.
So we were at the dining hall and I was sitting across from him. My well meaning but oblivious friend was nudging me, but try as I might I couldn't. My mouth was sealed. By then I had noticed that anytime my tongue was tied, it was not out of shyness but divine intervention. So I didn't force out the words that had been struggling to get out for such a long time.
To cut a long story short, he didn't reciprocate. Not. At. All. In fact he liked my friend; but that's another story for another day.
It hurt like hell; but at least I had my dignity.
Somewhat.

The point is that the Spirit has had my back for all sorts; boy troubles, family issues, exams (like during objective exams I would ask God to send me signs- eg if the answer is A, let someone sneeze). He reveals so much to me about myself; my issues, weaknesses, strengths, that I am beautifully and wonderfully made.


"He reveals so much to me about

myself; my issues, weaknesses,

strengths, that I am 

beautifully and wonderfully made"

No comments:

Post a Comment