Saturday 29 August 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 7 by Adedolapo Esther Balogun

 The Holy Spirit speaks to me in different ways but most especially through reading. It’s weird, but that’s really how he speaks to me and not just through reading the bible but other things like my devotion, a book or a website. From when I surrendered my life to Christ till date that’s mainly how he speaks to me. The day I surrendered my life to Christ, it was because I read my devotion for that day randomly (as I hadn’t read it in like forever). It was talking about how children of God who had gone astray should return to God. It was such a timely message as I was very far from God around that time and I felt there was something missing in my life. Reading my devotion that day triggered something in me and I was convicted by the Holy Spirit to repent.

Also recently, for example, I was faced with a huge challenge that with human effort could not be solved. Before even voicing out my issue the Holy Spirit spoke to me once again through my devotion. The title of my devotion that day was ‘Breaking Limitations’ and the memory verse was 

Jeremiah 32:27 ‘Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all Flesh: is there anything to hard for me?

It spoke about man being limited but not God and I was like wow that is exactly what I needed to hear. Its like my devotions were orchestrated to be written in a particular order before time began because it literally always has a solution to every problem I face at the exact time.

The Holy Spirit also speaks to me through people. I remember once when I was going through a hard time and I was in so much doubt. I did not tell anyone what I was going through. One day as I was questioning my belief in God, my sister texted me and said She just felt led to tell God loves you and He is with you. I then went for a program the next day and randomly people that did not know me started coming to me to tell me God loves me. It later dawned on me how much God is truly with his children. Also if I am doing something that God doesn’t want me doing, the Holy Spirit will convict me of it. If I still don’t listen God will send people to speak to me concerning it. God truly speaks, especially when we call on him. When I ask God questions he always gives me an answer through some means.


 John 14:26 is truly right by saying the Holy Spirit is our helper. Not only does he speak to me on spiritual matters but he also speaks to me and helps me in my daily activities.  Once I forgot my key to my university accommodation at home. As I was entering the elevator, the Holy Spirit whispered to me ‘You forgot your key’ Thank God that he spoke to me because if I didn’t have my key, I would have been locked out when I got to university.  Also once I couldn’t find my student ID card after searching everywhere. Then I prayed and a few minutes later the Holy Spirit told me where it was and lo and behold when I checked there, I found it. Don’t let the enemy lie to you and tell you God does not speak to us for he is speaking to you right now as you read this! 

Dolapo

No comments:

Post a Comment