Wednesday 2 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 10 by Chukwudi Ukonne

So, I've been thinking for a couple of days now "what am I going to send in for the #TheHolySpiritChallenge''. It's been an awkward time for me because I know He has definitely been speaking to me daily from scriptures. At the same time it’s been somewhat an up and down period for me spiritually, and here I am thinking 'I have issues, I can't be on here sharing deep issues with facebook or Instagram people (lol). Then it hits me that I never am worthy; of His love, of His mercies that are new every morning (and afternoon and evening), Not even on my 'best days’. A verse pops into my head randomly; “For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is Eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Rom 6:23). I find it striking that the verse doesn’t say 'but the wages of righteousness is Eternal life'. Why not? We can never earn it. It’s a gift. We never work to get gifts. If we did, then on our birthdays our parents would get presents not us. You see, if a man perishes in sin, he gets paid, he gets his just deserts, Death (Spiritual). He can have no complaints. But the reason why we Christians are so crazy about Jesus is because we realize He took our wages (death) and we get what we could never earn by our works (Eternal life). I think this is a very important truth to remember; that on our good days we’re still pretty messed up and we need grace just as bad, and on our bad days God doesn’t love us any less. It keeps us humble, and ironically the knowledge that I can’t lose God’s love drives me away from and not toward sin. All these things happened in like 4 minutes while I was in the bath. He may speak through the magnificent or the mundane, but ALWAYS through His word. Read it, Love it, Live it. God bless.
“on our good days we’re still pretty messed up and we need grace just as bad, and on our bad days God doesn’t love us any less” 
-Chukwudi Ukonne


No comments:

Post a Comment