Sunday 6 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 13 by Yewande Mohammed

Most recently whenever something is within my grasp...literally when I'm about to move from one level to another...things are being taken away from me. It has happened 3x in a row and I'm beginning to worry.

I won't lie I am discouraged and I want to give up so badly but a few days ago I called my dad and he spoke some real words to me. God (holy spirit) speaks to me through my dad, especially. He told me this "God told him these things are happening to me now because he doesn't want me to face such issues later in my life...and that everything that's happening will eventually work in my favor".

It's hard to hear these words and believe especially when you feel like your world is crumbling. Like life is playing the sickest joke on you. I have been hearing these exact words for a while now and it's easier to believe until you're actually going through the trials and you're low on faith and resolve.

However, today I'll choose God again, over and over again. The flesh says otherwise but I'll choose him again. I'll choose God even when the situation seems stacked against me. I'll choose my trusted helper in time of need over and over again.

Ultimately, I want to look back on his post and remember how this challenge triggered me. How I felt an urge to encourage someone or anyone, even in my time of need. I'll end this with the bible quote I saw the day I received my not so good news this week:


"But the Lord is faithful, who shall

stablish you, and keep you from evil. (2

Thessalonians 3:3 KJV)

This passage highlights 3 things: 1. God's faithfulness (A promise), 2. God's active hand upon our lives (Establishing me, you, us, etc) 3. Keeping us from evil (His protection). Meaning, while his promise are made available he will keep me and keep me from evil so it all stays permanent. I am beyond blessed even if my situation doesn't dictate that!

Thank you Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment