Friday 18 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 25 by Ataisi Tony-Adiari

Reading every other person’s post has inspired me to write this, because I thought there is really no breathtaking way that the Holy spirit has spoken to me; like he was sitting right there beside me speaking, and he was loud and clear. But He speaks to me in every way, through reading the bible, in church, through other people and in my thoughts and the way I feel towards something.
For instance, my mind has been a bit conflicted about what kind of music I listen to, especially regarding soca music. Sometimes the things said in the songs do not glorify God one bit. So something I would usually dance to without giving any second thoughts, became so uncomfortable, and I felt like I didn’t know how to dance to the songs any more without feeling inappropriate. Also while scrolling through facebook I saw a video talking about secular entertainment, by Simply, Feli, and that just made things clearer and gave me a better understanding as to why it was not okay
While on facebook, I had seen a random post, well it is not totally random, because there is nothing like coincidence with God. I remember sending it to a friend, “Take the limits off of God. Don’t think of all the reasons something is not going to work. In the natural it may not look like it, but remember, we serve a supernatural God. He wouldn’t have given you the dream unless He already had a way to bring it to pass.”- Joel Osteen. And I went through it this morning and like a light bulb in my head, it just gave me a confirmation that the vision I was working towards was definitely going to be a possibility, even though everything else does not seem to be order.
I think it’s rather amazing how subtle the Holy Spirit can be, because it’s in the little things we tend to find a deeper meaning. So if you feel you don’t know how the Holy Spirit speaks, speak to Him to reveal His words to you in a way you alone understand. One thing I’ve learnt is using another person’s experience to determine yours can sometimes bring frustrating results.


No comments:

Post a Comment