Monday 14 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 20 by Abimbola Johnson Olabode

It has been just over five years since I gave my life to Christ and I have to affirm this truth that it is the best decision I have ever made.

The Holy Spirit.. man oh man, I owe Him my life. It was the summer of 2014 that I really met Him. This was in the middle of one of the most toughest seasons of my life so far. I remember going to God in prayer and telling Him something along the lines of "you say I have the victory in Christ. Well, it's either I'm missing something or you are a liar! What do I have that confirms I have this victory and I can walk in this victory?" . That was when I heard, felt, saw, I don't know lol but all I know was I ended up buying Good Morning Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn. And my life has been the same again.

Since then, I have developed a relationship with Him that I ask Him to tickle me when I'm down; or I ask Him to pray for me when I don't know what to do; or to whisper a love word in my ear. My bible study time and my times of prayer have never been the same. Of recent, I have developed a core conviction that He is the most romantic person I know.

In all I have experienced of the Holy Spirit till date, I can say everything He does and says will lead a person to Jesus and promote His Lordship; will inspire love, faith and humility to  and in all men; will enlarge a person's heart of worship and intensify one's hatred of sin.

He is a gentleman and He isn't one to come uninvited. He is my sweetheart!!


No comments:

Post a Comment