Thursday 17 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 24 by Francis Edo Osagie


Holy Spirit, the spirit of the living God

And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. Isaiah 30:21
The Holy Spirit is gentle and should not be grieved! The Holy Spirit does so much for us, we cannot do without Him. The spirit of power, the spirit of God.
For me personally, I tend to find a different type of calm when i’m in the shower (I know it can sound funny), I have no distractions and my mind is often running at a different pace. Eyes closed and I begin to see things to happen in my life IF I follow Jesus ALL THE WAY.
In the shower is my own quiet place, where I reflect and at the same time the Holy Spirit is speaking to me, telling my why this or that had happened in the past and how it will be used to the glory of God in the future. This reminds me of Jesus Christ referring to what happened to Jonah in Matthew 12:40.
Sometime last year, I was about to go and play football. I knew my travel ticket had expired the day before. I went on to go and play football with enough money to buy the ticket. I heard a voice constantly reminding me to buy the ticket before I boarded the first bus. I procrastinated, arrived on the pitch, played and now on my way back the voice reminded me to buy a ticket. So I thought, no one asked for a ticket before so why bother now that I am on my way home? Woe and behold as the bus arrived at the next stop, I was asked for my ticket. A ticket that would have cost me CHF6.50 ended up costing me CHF100.
Brethren, it pays to listen and do according to what the Holy Spirit tells you. Juxtaposing both the good and the not so good against one another, my experiences have taught me to listen to the still small voice within.


Regards,
Francis Edo-Osagie


No comments:

Post a Comment