Tuesday 8 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 15 by Ibukun Aiyemo

Growing up in a Christian home helped me. From an early age of about 8, I was baptized in the Holy Ghost by my parents. At first i didn't know why and what it was and also why it had to be my birthday gift. I woke up elated for my birthday presents but all i got at first was my parents speaking in tongues and baptizing me in the Holy Spirit.
  
As time went on,I would only speak in tongues in church as people would tell me "It is only done when you are under the Spirit" (thank God i know better now). 
  
I got into high school and for every exam I had to take, my mum repeated these words " Ask the Holy Spirit to help you, bring things to your remembrance......" and out of anxiety and Faith I did. She helped me understand that the Holy Spirit was in me and I could ask Him for anything as long as it is according to the will of God. When i was looking for things I would ask Him and then find it. 
  
However, i also learned that The Holy Spirit can be grieved. Although, sometimes I would fall short and live in guilt and shame,but that's also conviction, proof that I have the Holy Spirit in me. Apart from the Holy Spirit being in the Trinity ( which i hope many people understand) , He should not be taken for granted. 
The Holy Spirit also reveals things to us, prophecies, etc. Speaking in tongues as well is not rocket science or some ritual that requires special procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment