Saturday 5 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 6 by Fikayo Iluyomade



When I ask for stuff I open up to God like I’m in a conversation with God. Like when we have financial difficulties, I’m like God “look at this, we don’t have X we need Y I just want us to have ABC”. Even while standing on the word Psalm 23:1 “…I shall not want” I acknowledge the fact that I’m not deserving so I plead. Then I ask for a sign. “God if you don’t want me to do X, let Y happen. E.g. my University education: “God if you don’t want me to study law at University of Birmingham or Leicester, don’t let me make the grades in my A levels”. I didn’t make the grades, I got B, B, C. C two marks off a B. I tried to get a remark and my mark went to a lower C. Now I’m studying Criminology at Leicester. I keep praying that God will shut bad doors in my face till I reach the good door. every time after I stumble, God reveals the lesson to me. I really wanted to do Law, but this made me realise that I didn’t actually want to do law. Criminology might be what is best for me. I don’t know. God knows best.
"I open up to God like I’m in a conversation with God"
Fikayo 


No comments:

Post a Comment