Thursday 3 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry by 11 Pamela Duke

Of late, I have slacked in doing the things of God and I have noticed how much He has longed for me again but being the mortal that I am I haven't done much to change the situation. 

This is the second night I have woken up by 3am. (Let's go back a bit shall we. On the 28th of August I woke up by 3am as well from a dream. In the dream I was in the midst of a prayer session going on. The preacher kept praying hard and then some strange noises became audible. Now I wasn't praying before, I was just listening and taking it all in as soon as I heard the strange noises, I began to speak in tongues (my Spirit knew that the strangeness was not of God). As I kept on praying along, it seemed as if it became more; like they were trying to be more powerful than my God because they felt threatened and that's how I woke up. What did I do when I woke up? I just said thank you Lord and that was it! If He could legit punch me and drive home the message, He would have)

Back to today, I just had this sudden urge to go on Twitter first. I did and I came across Kunmi Oni's profile. I came across her blog in the process and yes I opened the link (I normally do not read blogs but this one was different the Holy Spirit was up to something). From Her blog I got to find David Adeleke's and I read different stories about how people had improved in life and how the Holy Spirit was leading His. 

Now the urge to read my Bible grew stronger. I opened an app called Bible +1 and the word for today is together. I clicked on it and it brought out many bible verses but that which I opened was Song of Solomon 5 v 1-16. Normally, I don't read "songs" because I have always felt it referred to Solomon professing his love for his woman but today I saw it in a whole different light. This is God professing His love for me, longing for me to be with Him, He has been knocking on my door patiently waiting for me to open but I've put so many other things ahead of Him, He has cried out for me in so many ways but I haven't answered
 "I slept but my heart was awake when I

heard my lover knocking and calling; open to

me my treasure, my darling, my dove, my

perfect one....but I responded I've taken off

my robe, should I get dressed again? I've

washed my feet, should I get them soiled? My

lover tried to unlatch the door and my heart

thrilled within me ( v 2-4 NLT)

Let me tell you now if you don't know, my God is amazing. As soon as I was done reading the bible, I opened a friend's message I had aired earlier (I was tired and I needed to sleep and I probably wouldn't have opened it till much later in the day) and he had sent me a song with the lyrics even;

I know a God, who’s merciful and kind
Faithful and gracious
I’m the apple of his eyes
And the thought that fills his heart
Every Morning, noon and night
He loved me when I didn’t care
And was patient till I came
Running back into his arms
Look how he turned my life around
Making me a shining light
His glory to reveal

I'm so grateful to the Holy Spirit for this insight. He makes me love Him more everyday. To know He has longed for me and still longs for me is the best ever. By His grace, I'm going to continually work on myself to get to know Him more and work for Him. I can't imagine my life without Him. Thank you Lord for wanting me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment