Saturday 19 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 26 by Gloria Imevbore



One of the reasons why I am comfortable as an introvert is because I have a best friend who I can talk to anytime. The Holy Spirit is my best friend.
The Holy Spirit speaks to me in many ways but most especially through the Bible/Word. The Holy Spirit is God and the Bible/Word is God’s Word. Like, the Bible is what God is saying. You get? For example, I got into big trouble at work on a Friday so was dreading going back on Monday. A scripture pops in my heart, John 15 v 7; 
“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you”. 
 I seriously held on to that Word, repeating out loud and in my mind (even though I did not really believe it at the beginning) what I wanted to happen. (I asked that the trouble will be reduced to one that I could handle. By Sunday, I believed it and I was relaxed.
I went to work on Monday; the whole issue had been solved. I didn’t have to answer for anything.  EVERYTHING was dropped. Another worker had cleared up my mess for me.
Another way He speaks to me is just speaking to my spirit in plain English. It comes like a thought. A good way to know it’s the Holy Spirit speaking is when you get a totally random thought pop in your head. For example, I was in NYSC camp some months back and I was laying my bed in the morning. You know how everything goes fast in camp and you are mostly always busy. This was around past 8am and I was worrying that I won’t have enough time to run to “Mammy Market” to get something to eat then secure a seat in the hall for the lecture. As I was analyzing and contemplating here and there, I heard very clearly “Check on this person and ask her to send her bank details. Send her some money” I was so concerned about my own food I let the thought slide. I’m thinking, why am I thinking about this person, she’s in school, she’s doing fine. I’m in NYSC camp, I’m suffering! Lol
After camp, this person comes to visit me in my house and she goes,” I was so broke at one period I barely had anything to eat”. I backtracked to the period she mentioned and it was the exact same time the Holy Spirit had told me to send her money.
Also the Holy Spirit speaks to me by disrupting my flow of peace or joy. I will explain this on my blog.
There are SO many ways the Holy Spirit speaks to us and like Ugo says, how He speaks to me can be different from how He speaks to you. Ask God to speak to you how you can understand and you’re sorted 


No comments:

Post a Comment