Tuesday 1 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 9 by Fiona Isiavwe

To be very honest, I've been a Christian for as long as I can remember but I had serious doubts because I was never one of those to "catch" the spirit during service and all of that. You know, those people that'll roll on the floor, scream and start crying and give testimonies about how Jesus appeared to them and all of that. But as I grew in the faith (I am actually still growing) I came to the realization that God speaks to us and operates within our hearts in different ways and I noticed that as I began to desire more to hear from him, he began to speak more to me but in the flashy ways I wanted like him appearing to me in my dreams and all of that.

He actually comes into my corner and speaks to me in the most casual ways, even through my twitter TL. For instance I was just having a bad day and everything seemed to be falling apart mainly because I had not gotten the leadership position in school that I wanted but I stumbled upon one of Joel Osteen's tweets as I was scrolling through my tl and he was talking about how true leadership comes from service and it was like a flash light in my head because at that time this was all I needed to hear.

Also, when the bible talks about the holy spirit having a still small voice.. it’s not kidding. I had always assumed that his voice was loud and all but 
it only becomes loud when you choose to hear it.

I finally came to the realization that he speaks to my heart every day and I usually heard his voice but ignored it until I finally realized it was his. How? well he'd say something as simple as 'Fiona, go and dress your bed" and I'd ignore him and then something would coincidentally occur because I didn't dress the bed when I was meant to and I lived like this for years. Until I asked for the grace to recognize his voice and heed to it and he answered my prayers.
He also talks to me through family members, friends, etc. especially during service.. it’s like the topic treated every Sunday reflects what happened during my week and I'm truly grateful for that.

"Hearing from the holy spirit is actually very simple.. just ask for the grace to recognize his voice and ask as well that your heart be made receptive to heed to what he says, that's all"

Fiona
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment