Tuesday 22 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 29 by Marie Oke

I was born into a Christian family and that's all I've known my whole life the normal thing for one born into a Christian family is to just follow your parents to church and join them in prayer you never really understand why or have a personal encounter. As I advanced in age I gradually started finding interest in God and seeing him work in my life 
But it’s always been Jesus, Jesus. 
I never really thought about the Holy Spirit. All I knew was that he was peaceful and calm and serene 
He isn't violent he instructs calmly
But I never really had an experience with him
It was only recently that I realized how amazing he is 
He started showing himself to me in ways that are so clear that its him 
Whenever I want to do something or go somewhere I would just be like 
"Holy spirit if you don't want me to do it let me know' and something affecting what I'm supposed to do will happen, among other things he is a friend, a solace, the best comforter, He's always there 
But you have to want him for you to feel his presence 
He's made me realize the importance of Gods will in my life 
And the need to put ones full trust in God and being in the continual presence of God no matter what you do.
The Holy Spirit is the best friend there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment