Monday 7 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 14 by Iniye Spiff

My relationship with the Holy Spirit is the most interesting dynamic.. The Holy Spirit speaks to me through the most basic and random things.. I could be watching a completely non related TV program and the Holy spirit would give me a word or a lesson based off something so simple from the show or use it as a confirmation for something. I remember one time I was watching a program about illnesses once and I was just really confused about how God let some things happen to some people and others seemed free. But I kept hearing a verse over and over again “My ways are not your ways and my thoughts are not your thoughts.. As the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways above yours”.  He speaks to me a lot by bringing bible verses that I wouldn't otherwise remember to my remembrance.
The Holy Spirit for me is my number 1 comforter, he is always ready to work through people for me.. I was in church one Sunday and I had cried ALL through the night before. I struggled to go to church that morning and I was just emotionally unable to partake in the service but in my mind I kept asking God to please come through for me, all of a sudden this lady that I have NEVER seen in the church before comes up to me and sits next to me during praise worship and she says “The Holy Spirit told me to come and tell you that all will be well.. That I saw you crying last night, I will not forget your tears. I am here with you and I will never leave you, my presence is all you need, I am the King and I am here”. I had goosebumps on my body and at that moment I just started crying because the Holy Spirit did his work through someone else for me. I literally have a hundred and one more examples of what the spirit has done for me but in all he is just my main Guy.. I couldn't do anything, nothing at all without Him


No comments:

Post a Comment