Sunday 20 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 27 by Vanessa Mbelede

The beautiful thing about reading the word is how you can understand the same verse in so many different ways each time you re read. To me the Holy Spirit is my Helper; He helps me to understand the word and to remember (John 14:26) which is why I invite Him before I read my bible. (So you know when you're like wow when reading the bible or when those random verses pop in your head during the day? Yes that's Him) But after reading your other posts I began to understand something, the presence of the Holy Spirit is also a reminder that God is with us and never leaves us, the same way Jesus promised his disciples that he wouldn't leave them because the Holy Spirit would be with them. One Sunday In church I was worshipping and trying my best to keep my spirits high because honestly I had been feeling the complete opposite, I was feeling alone and I just wasn't sure that I was being heard by God or even the people around me, like I didn't matter So the preacher was healing and prophesying to people and I closed my eyes and asked God to direct her to me, I need to know that you can hear me was what I kept saying. That didn't happen and her time was up, but then she asked for an extra ten minutes and called me out to pray with me, she said exactly what I had told God to tell her to say to me and even added fisi lol  Needless to say I was feeling very important after that. What I'm trying to say is God is always there, he won't leave you, but God is spirit and those who worship Him should do so in spirit and truth. So find a way to invite the Holy Spirit and let God speak to you. For me it's mainly through worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment