Thursday 24 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 31 by Ebun Segun


From the day I rededicated my life to Christ, the Holy Spirit has been a very important part of my daily life. I grew up listening to my mother say things like "I don't do anything without asking the Holy Spirit". I didn't fully understand it until I took my walk with God seriously. The Holy Spirit literally holds my hand every day and guides me.

For the past 3 weeks, the Holy Spirit has been teaching me on fear and what it does. Being the person I am, I get scared about EVERYTHING easily.  He taught me that confessions of faith should be what I turn to at the sight of any problem or fear. He made me realize that He should be my first option, not an alternative when it comes to seeking solutions to problems.

In my life, the Holy Spirit usually reveals important things to me through dreams and interprets them to me later on. During my morning devotion, I prayed to God to give me a dream (since I didn't get one in a while) that would show me something. I woke up then next day completely disregarding everything I had dreamt about but somehow, the scenes kept flashing in my head. While I was at church, the scenes of my dream came to my mind again and it was there that the Holy Spirit told me: "when you allow the enemy to sense the fear in you, you make him think he is stronger " . This was the icing on the cake for me!
From this day, there is no fear in me. The enemy may come and try to shake me, but I know what I know!
(The picture attached is from a play I took part in, but it perfectly illustrates how fear holds one hostage)


No comments:

Post a Comment