Thursday 10 September 2015

#TheHolySpiritChallenge Entry 16 by Dami Alajogun

#TheHolySpiritChallenge. I got so excited when I saw this challenge ! It’s been so amazing reading the different ways the Holy Spirit speaks to each person, so here’s mine - The Holy Spirit speaks to me through life occurrences. Basically, whenever I pray about something, I would usually get my answer through a physical manifestation. I remember when I was considering switching my school housing so I prayed about it because I was kinda worried about making the wrong choice. Now, I never really had problems with my former housing but during the week that I was praying about it, my plumbing all of a sudden went bad. Any ordinary person would see this as a coincidence but that was honestly how I got my answer! It was so amazing cause I just knew that it was God talking to me through that situation. Even when I was trying to decide which University to attend, I prayed about it and I’ll tell you how God answered. So I applied to 3 schools in Texas, and then there was Georgia Tech. My parents wanted me to school in Texas cause I have a lot of family members there but I wanted to ultimately go where God had planned for me so I prayed about it. When I got my admission decisions, ALL 3 Texas schools accepted me for my second choice major cause they prioritized their citizens and were maxed out for my first choice, but Georgia Tech accepted me for my first choice. I literally laughed out loud and was like, God I know this is you. So that’s how I knew where to go to school. It’s honestly really amazing every time something happens in my life and I know its God talking to me, I just smile and I’m like, God I know this is you. Like when I’m walking back home from an exam and my music is on shuffle and then it starts playing a song that I needed to hear at that time. Sometimes, when things happen, we see them as coincidences but they could very well be God trying to tell us something.

No comments:

Post a Comment